Elysium Cosplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Elysium Cosplay

For EC and their customers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
August batch is now open.
Costume orders close on July 1st and will arrive around 1 August.
We will not be taking wig orders in this batch.
-------------
Find out how to order costumes here.
Find out how to order wigs here.
Customers located outside Singapore, please read this.

Permanent blood stain effect..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SaikoPuff

SaikoPuff

Permanent blood stain effect.. Empty
PostSubject: Permanent blood stain effect..   Permanent blood stain effect.. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:54 am

Hi, I need to make blood stains on my costume.. Problem is I dunno what paint to use??

For the result, I would like to make it permanent. So if I wanna reuse the costume, I dun hef to spill those temp blood effects dye thingy again... The dried up paint should be able to withstand washing... So that when I wash it, it does not bleed into other clothes or smear to more places of the costume than it should....

The first 2 kinds of paints that come to mind is acrylic paint and oil paint... Acrylic paint.... Is a little solid for the bloody effect... i think..... I never worked with oil paint so i'm not sure of its result.... Only heard it's waterproof....

Help?

OT: Anybody took public transport in a boody costume b4?? I usually take public, but so far my costumes are kinda okay-okay.... I dun wanna freak the ppl out if i go around in a bloody costume.... n knife... lol!
Back to top Go down
Tessie
Biggest Dork On This Side of The Planet
Tessie

PostSubject: Re: Permanent blood stain effect..   Permanent blood stain effect.. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 11:15 am

I mixed acrylic paint with baby oil into a spray bottle and use that. Not sure how good it resists washing, since I'm famous for tea-baging costumes like that. But it looks pretty good. *I sprayed it on tissue and held it to my mouth, scared the hell out of my parents*
Back to top Go down
http://dorkodile.deviantart.com/
SaikoPuff

SaikoPuff

PostSubject: Re: Permanent blood stain effect..   Permanent blood stain effect.. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 1:04 pm

oh k...
Back to top Go down
Yun

Yun

PostSubject: Re: Permanent blood stain effect..   Permanent blood stain effect.. EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 5:29 pm

I'm doing Vampire Knight for EOY this year,and same here.I'll be needing to use blood stains,but i need them to be temporary.and i hope it won't stain the white collar i would be wearing.since's it's supposed to be fang marks.
Any advice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Permanent blood stain effect..   Permanent blood stain effect.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Permanent blood stain effect..
Page 1 of 1