Elysium Cosplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Elysium Cosplay

For EC and their customers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
August batch is now open.
Costume orders close on July 1st and will arrive around 1 August.
We will not be taking wig orders in this batch.
-------------
Find out how to order costumes here.
Find out how to order wigs here.
Customers located outside Singapore, please read this.

How to Build a Raised Bed - Organic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jukido

How to Build a Raised Bed - Organic Empty
PostSubject: How to Build a Raised Bed - Organic   How to Build a Raised Bed - Organic EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:31 am

I fell in love with the idea of raised bed gardening when I quickly learned how unreliable city soil can be. This video is all about getting you started with raised beds, including how to build your own. I will also demonstrate how to build a hoop house. The raised bed that you'll see me building here only cost me $40. My raised beds are built, based on four foot beds and eight foot beds which happen to be the general measurement standard for lumber, which makes it easier. Let me share with you some of the reasons for my love of this method of gardening.
The Beauty of Raised Beds:
They modularize your garden and put it within arms reach, removing the back-breaking work
Raised Beds can also house my livestock that fertilize and till the soil
Raised Beds also allow you to extend your growing season with a quick modification transforming them into hoop houses, which create micro-climates for earlier planting
Raised Beds are great for people with disabilities, allowing them to get outside and be physical without having to go beyond what they can do
Plants that are raised in Raised Beds have good water retention
You can never over-water because of the built-in drainage system
Raised Beds mean less watering for you: you only have to water on especially, dry hot days
What you will need to build your raised bed and hoop house:
Each four foot bed requires about 32 cubic feet of soil.
Sunglasses to avoid sawdust getting in to your eye
Pre-cut Lumber (it is easier to transport that way and saves time) Lumber comes in 8, 10, and 12' + lengths, so this allows less cutting, which means less waste Lumber doesn't last forever because the untreated wood will eventually rot, over time. (Never use pressure treated wood because the chemicals can leach out into your soil, eventually harming your plants).
Instead of lumber, you may use: recycled wood, stone, brick, concrete
Screw gun
Promtional Aprons
Gold Coast Real Estate
Back to top Go down

How to Build a Raised Bed - Organic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elysium Cosplay :: Guild :: Chit-Chat-
Jump to: