Elysium Cosplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Elysium Cosplay

For EC and their customers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
August batch is now open.
Costume orders close on July 1st and will arrive around 1 August.
We will not be taking wig orders in this batch.
-------------
Find out how to order costumes here.
Find out how to order wigs here.
Customers located outside Singapore, please read this.

Let's talk..

Go down 
+6
Momo_Panda
MasaakiMiho
RinYa
Tessie
saku-chan
SaikoPuff
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SaikoPuff

SaikoPuff

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:39 pm

Just put something up.. This forum seem dead except for the cosplay quote/order threads..

So let's talk.... What brings u guys here.. I suppose most would fall under this group which is "To order costumes from Tessie"... Well, I'd say I'm guilty of being in the group too.. Not that is bad... In fact, its much of the opposite... lol..

Anyways, we need some life here too... Or else this might as well be no different from a selling blog... So yea... Speak!
Back to top Go down
saku-chan

saku-chan

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 6:10 pm

ahahah. have to agree.

But heys,look at the intro threads. Some of them are active. (mine's dead though D:)

Speak... speak...

How bout we share our first cosplay experience??? xDD

(i'll share mine later. I go eat Razz)
Back to top Go down
Tessie
Biggest Dork On This Side of The Planet
Tessie

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 6:53 pm

First cosplay experience? Alamak, mine is machiam ancient history la.
Back to top Go down
http://dorkodile.deviantart.com/
RinYa

RinYa

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 9:28 pm

mine sucks... 06 cosfest

costume n wig come the day b4 cosfest.

team mate last min drop out of team due to "personal reason" but end up on stage with abother bitch for competition. n both bitches won. ya, my team joined.
Back to top Go down
http://album.blog.yam.com/xstellarx
saku-chan

saku-chan

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 2:59 am

mine sucks too >_< But everyone has their first time la.

My first cosplay in EOY 06. As red jacket Akito >_< No wig. D: Cos I dint know where to get and I cant do bank transfer that time. Makeup very thin (cos mummy says too thick look like ghost.) In the end, too thin, me in peektures turn out horrid too >_<

That was when I first wore contacts. Not used to it >_<

Anyway, my first cosplay, the pics I have are super few >_< Don't feel like collecting Razz

I rmb making an account after "stalking" sgcafe for some times cos some one said she is a newbie and needs help. So I made an account and asked for help too. And claude was the first person who really bring us into cosplay Very Happy (gratefulllll)

now, share stories!!!

Tessie> i wanna hear xDD
Back to top Go down
Tessie
Tessie

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 9:37 am

First EVENT or cosplay experience?
Back to top Go down
saku-chan

saku-chan

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 8:51 pm

both either one bah xddd

(just to keep this thread alive)
chat ppl! chat >_<
Back to top Go down
RinYa

RinYa

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 9:42 pm

my EOY 06 was also like shit, wig come only on the day itself. YES, IT'S BOUGHT FROM PEIHUI. end up i borrow my friend cagalli wig for stellar.

and the stellar wig also too short... used once for last yr cosfest, then i sold it
Back to top Go down
http://album.blog.yam.com/xstellarx
MasaakiMiho

MasaakiMiho

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 pm

Mine was like, EOY 2006.

The purple curly haired Korean(?) dress Sohee. @w@;;

First time cosplaying and was dragggged into a competition. @w@;

... and yeah, bullshit happened. D:
Back to top Go down
http://thebeatingtodeath-angel.blogspot.com
saku-chan

saku-chan

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:14 am

miho> waaa... competition. Wad you all did? How was the experience? I alwys think ppl taking part in competitions are really cool lor. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tessie
Tessie

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:46 am

Let's see. My first cosplay experience, I think, was in school. When I was in Sec 1, we were allowed to wear home clothes...for some celebration or another. So I borrowed a lab coat from the science labs, wore my father's pink shirt, a pair of bathroom slippers and ta-da! Tenpou-gensui from Saiyuki Gaiden.

My first actual cosplay event was the end of my Sec 2 year though. Went with my friends as a Flame of Recca team.

Let's talk.. 228629

I cosplayed Raiha. Took part in competition, in the Best Pair match with the Kurei cosplayer. Tripped, fell on my way up stage (it was planned!! Being in character and all!) and got some nasty carpet burn on my elbow. But it was fun. And I was pretty proud of how the purple color in my hair did show out pretty obviously/naturally in photos.

Oh God, that was in 2001. I've been cosplaying for almost a decade. *facepalms*
Back to top Go down
saku-chan

saku-chan

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 7:25 pm

if i dun remeber wrongly, tv last time did an interview with cosplayers (when it just started) and flame of recca was shown. Was it your team? (ahh, the kaoru. He looks utterly familiar >_<)

Wa... you started cosplaying at quite a young age. That's cool. And you have your friends. I was still at study nerd at sec 2 (>_>)
Back to top Go down
Tessie
Tessie

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 12:14 am

Can't remember la. XD
Back to top Go down
MasaakiMiho

MasaakiMiho

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 9:24 pm

saku-chan wrote:
miho> waaa... competition. Wad you all did? How was the experience? I alwys think ppl taking part in competitions are really cool lor. Very Happy

Er. It was scary -just because I am the dumb monster- and embarassing because the dammit costume is very very very ... weird. Well, it was funny in the sense that after the whole damn thing, we were SO relieved that we have done the performance already. =w=;
Back to top Go down
http://thebeatingtodeath-angel.blogspot.com
SaikoPuff

SaikoPuff

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 6:23 pm

My first cosplay experience........ Hmmm... EOY '06... I found out about the event online a few days before the event itself... Just googling around and checking out about cosplays and stuff.... Never heard of sgcafe then...

So I decide to give it a shot...

Tried to think of a character I can put together in such a short time... So Misa from Deathnote was it... That night, I looked for reference pics.... yahoo.... flickr.... youtube... etc etc etc.... I settled for the cover picture of her in book 3 of deathnote...

the next morning, came up with a list of what to buy.... as sewing clothes is not my talent.... i had to get similar clothes and modify... then i asked my mom for permission to go out and went shopping with my lil sis.... i went around the shops in tampines as i'm not very familar with any other places.... got my stuff... went home in the eveining..... that night i sewed the zippers onto the top... cut holes into the armwarmers.... cut off the sleeve of my sister's green oversized shirt an spray painted a stripe across it (i'm making ppg's buttercup's costume for my sis too..)

next morning i made my mini shinigami, rem, with wires and papier mache... drew the writings on a plain black organizer for misa's death note... waited a whole day for my shinigami to dry up...

the third day... i wrapped my shinigami in white crepe paper... and painted it... all done... eoy's the next day....

woke early morning for my first cosplay event.... i was uber excited... got ready n stuff... i didnt know where to get a blonde wig then, so i sprayed my hair gold... it wasn't that obvious but time wasn't on my side...

with that, i'm off to eoy.... there were alot of awesome cosplayers around... i'm not that recognizable.... well, my costume wasn't very good as compared them.....but thank god, shinigami rem is always on my side..... cos of her, ppl know who i'm cosplaying......

the experience at event............ it was fun..... getting my pics taken.... taking pics of other cosplayers..... watching the performances.... adoring the dollfie displays...... booth hopping....... but i enjoyed the making better..... ~_~
Back to top Go down
saku-chan

saku-chan

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 10:25 pm

saikopuff> I saw you!! Cos I saw that mini rem on ur shoulder and I was like "Cool!! Very creativeee!"
Ahaha, I still rmb my first time meeting u. I tot your wig was ur real hair >_< and ur sisters are sooo adorable.
Back to top Go down
SaikoPuff

SaikoPuff

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:52 am

thanks..... u're just as adorable..... i'd luv to hug u million times... lol....
Back to top Go down
Momo_Panda

Momo_Panda

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:13 pm

mine........first time was in 1999.........

long time ago.i think some of u still in primary.....

i done lots of character....some i cosfuck....lol........but i get better as time goes by

i wan retired but .........donno lah........cosplay make me happy for a day.all my problems dissapear when i in character........hehehe
Back to top Go down
saku-chan

saku-chan

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 11:40 pm

momo> yar!!! agree!! When you cosplay, you get to be in character (n sometimes not >_>) and you get to meet friends. After everything ended, start stressing again. (arg, homework not done. projects due tmr! exam next day blah blah)

It was fun while it lasted though Razz
Back to top Go down
SaikoPuff

SaikoPuff

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:20 pm

cosplaying is bliss with a major burn of the pockets.....

haiz.... my dad askin when on earth i'm gonna stop this stuff cos i'm getting a lil too old for it..... Sad(......... lucky my mom is supportive..... haiz, it's not like i'm taking drugs, loitering around and starting fights.... sheeesh.....

anyhoo, i'm stopping soon anyways.... dun need him to tell me that..... got other priorities..... tho stopping for me would not be a complete halt... mebbe slow down by a lot...... repeating characters....... jus taking piccies... i dunno..... havent really fully decided yet... :p
Back to top Go down
Momo_Panda

Momo_Panda

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:25 pm

saku-chan wrote:
momo> yar!!! agree!! When you cosplay, you get to be in character (n sometimes not >_>) and you get to meet friends. After everything ended, start stressing again. (arg, homework not done. projects due tmr! exam next day blah blah)

It was fun while it lasted though Razz

yah it was fun when u cosplayig but after the event ended flaming start....OMG

anyway i retiring soon...........

agree wif saiko..my pocket is full of holes........damn broke... lol!
Back to top Go down
rabit

rabit

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 6:57 pm

hahah i joined this forum not bcoz i wan 2 order anyting from tessie..
juz joined purely to check things out over here ^^

juz started cosplaying at this yr's streetfest..so im quite a newbie... silent
Back to top Go down
XueXinLing

XueXinLing

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm even more newbie. I'm going to start at this years AFA and EOY ><

And I'm only Sec 2 sumore but all my aunties think I look like I already took O' levels. My japan(jun 08') daoyou asked me how my first year of uni was. *headdesk* I go back to pri sch...Teacher: Orh, of cos I remb you! You O' level batch right? *facepalm*

Anyway, I'm very slack about my studies one. Tessie can be witness to that, cause I ordered my first costume from her yesterday. Only 1 day before the official start of my EOY papers. >< I started studying my geog at 10pm, sleep at 1 am. Took my papers at 8 am. Doing humanities exam on 4 1/2 hours of sleep = Not good.

But I also can be very spontanous. I joined sgCafe exactly a week ago, and five days after that already change costume plans twice and then ask for price quote >< and now already Settle everything ho-ho for the first costume already. It's only been 1 week. Ha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=710244373&ref=profile
Artificer

Artificer

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 12:42 am

Gosh.. you all seem like seasoned veterans in this field...

My first cosplay was earlier this year at Cosfest.. It sorta happened when a fren of mine sorta dragged me into cosplay cuz she didn't want to go alone =P at that time i had only 2 weeks to prepare my costume proper.. as such, i chose one of the easier characters to do from FF to compliment her, and went as Cid Highwind from FF:VII AC..

Cosplay really seemed like COSTpay after the event, as i realised i went overbudget on my intended clothings and prop materials.. thankfully half of it is now considered my "new clothes".. Overall, it was a really enjoyable event and a new experience.. was just glad there were ppl who recognised who i was cosing, and wanted to take a picture with me =)

a funny thing happened on the 2nd day though, when i went for a performance at the Esplanade right after Cosing.. The ushers there were like o_O at my spear.. when i gave them my ticket.. until one of them came up to me and say "Sorry sir, but i'm afraid you'd have to leave your weapon at the door".. co-incidentally there were some prestigeous ppl attending the performance as well.. and i had frens who were joking "So that's why your weapon's got to be confiscated" =.= not like i wanted to have it with me even if i could..

Looking forward to a more "typical" kind of 2nd experience? =P

Last edited by Artificer on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pon pata pon pata!)
Back to top Go down
SaikoPuff

SaikoPuff

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 11:57 am

ur weapon got confiscated... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Let's talk.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk..   Let's talk.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk..